Friday, Friday, Friday!!!
Today I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness and we’re talking all about BEVERAGES! You know, for staying nice and hydrated so you can function like a normal human being all day and be able to run like a #bossgirl.
1. It all starts with breakfast. When I wake up in the morning, I’m usually pretty thirsty but also in dire need of coffee. While my liquid gold is brewing, I force myself to drink at least half of a 24 ounce Tervis. If I don’t, then I know I for sure won’t drink any water until after I’ve consumed all the coffee…which is sad/pathetic because I’m usually not wrapping up my morning coffee routine until it’s almost lunch time (yep. I drink tons of coffee. But I also drink my work coffee super slowly because I’m too busy running around like a crazy person).
2. When I’m not drinking coffee or water, I’m drinking nuun. That’s just a fact. It tastes delicious, makes water easier to down, and has all sorts of important electrolytes. Basically, nuun is what helps me survive long days at work.
3. Recovery smoothies for days, y’all. My most recent protein powder purchase was Vega Sport Protein in vanilla
- 1/2 scoop of protein powder
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of matcha (depending on how much of a green tea taste you want)
- 1 banana
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of milk of choice (my current fave is half coconut milk, half almond milk)
- For a thicker smoothie: add yogurt (LOVE adding Green yogurt)
4. Post-run re-hydration routine almost always consists of Le Croix. Of course I love Nuun and Gatorade as much as anyone else but there’s something so satisfying about the bubbly deliciousness of flavored sparkling water. PLUS I don’t chug it, which means I don’t get a stomachache from drinking too much too quickly.
5. And last, but certainly not least…WINE. Pretty sure this needs no explanation. Especially not on a Friday. Is it happy hour yet?
Happy Friday!!! Hydrate well!