Continuing with my cross training/recovery theme for the week, for me spring running means getting and staying healthy. Sure, I’m thankful for the beautiful weather and ability to wear shorts + tank tops but going from treadmill running to more frequent outdoor running can equal unhappy legs.
1. How to Use a Foam Roller. Yep, I know. Basic. But up until this past Tuesday, I had never truly foam rolled my legs before. I don’t know why I waited so long!
3. Gentle yoga. Yoga By Candace is hands down the best at home yoga instruction you can find on YouTube.
4. Spring allergy tips for runners. In Atlanta, allergies are BAD. Almost as bad as the traffic.
Other things that help me conquer spring running:
– Sunscreen! The sun is out there and it’s down to burn (DTB). So I always make sure to lather up
– Good socks. If my shoes are on point but my socks suck, it can make for painful blisters/raw spots
– Run with friends. There’s nothing better than a run on a beautiful day with a friend or two
– Try new routes. Now that the weather is nice, I love exploring my neighborhood and finding cool new places to run
– Have fun. I love running but I never want to take myself so seriously that I lose my joy!
PS Don’t forget to tune in on Monday for my charity auction kick off!!!