Today I am linking up with Amanda over at Running with Spoons!!!
1. Happy Freaking Thursday!!! Can we just talk about how READY I am for weekend? I have my “dream run” planned for Saturday, which is to run from my apartment to brunch. And I’m totally going to make it happen. Brunch sounds so appealing right now…
2. Ok, let’s talk about fundraising thank you gifts/prizes. I’m brainstorming awesome things to give people for donating. My latest thought is: gift cards and/or mugs, t-shirts, etc from my favorite running accessory store: Sarah Marie Design Studio. What type of prizes would motivate YOU to donate?
3. I LOVED this post on Salty Running about running addiction. I think it is *totally* possible to have a running addiction. I know when I don’t run for an extended period of time (and not because I’m injured or because I’m sick) I feel miserable. Gotta run those miles! But it may also just be that I’m addicted to running with my friends and without it, I feel “off”.
4. Another thing I may be addicted to? Stretching my hip flexors. Lately I have had so much tightness in my hips and sinking into pigeon pose hurts so good. But, while searching for new stretches to try, I stumbled upon this article about how hip flexor soreness may be coming from weakness somewhere else. The takeaway? Maybe I should be doing plank more often…
5. And last, but certainly not least, Peachtree Road Race lottery results will be out soon! I had a guaranteed entry thanks to Atlanta Track Club membership but my husband entered the lottery. Let the countdown to finding out if we’ll be able to run together begin!
30 day writing challenge: Day 30