You guys, fundraising is harder than I anticipated. I feel like a total newb admitting that because obviously asking people for money is difficult. And coming up with creative ways to fundraise is quite challenging.
My progress so far:
What I’ve done to get to this point:
– Donated to myself! $100 to kick off the fundraiser
– Hit up my closest family and friends. So far only a smattering of them have donated so far
– Sent 5 fundraising letters as a “pilot”. I have a huge list of future senders but wanted to get an idea of how effective letters would be.
– Facebook and Instagram…lots of likes
– Started sending emails to local businesses (just one as of now)
So what now?
What would motivate you to donate?! Being able to dedicate a mile to someone? Getting your name on my race day bib? Getting to pick an aspect of my race outfit or picking songs on my training playlist? Or would you want something homemade in return for a donation?
You tell me!!!