Literally every year, I wake up on March 1 and think to myself “I can’t believe it’s March already”. This morning was no different. I will continue to be amazed that it’s March first until the end of time.
2017 started off pretty on a pretty stressful tone with moving and new job starting. So instead of making one, overarching resolution that I knew I’d never keep I decided to make small, monthly goals that I know I can attain. I’m all about setting myself up for success, even if that means redefining success.
Goals for the month:
- Register for the Peachtree Road Race (100% did that at soon as I got up this morning so…check)
- Continue going to yoga once a week
- Finish reading a book (I started The Nest in January and have been perpetually stuck at 1/4 done)
- Mail a big batch of fundraising letters
- Do my “dream run”: run from my apartment to Krog Street Market for brunch
And of course…
- Walked the Beltline with friends
- Ran a 5k with my husband and enjoyed the small race benefit of getting 2nd in my age group with a not so “2nd in my age group” time
- Learned how to get to and from work without getting lost (most of the time)
- Cooked at home more! A complete win since cooking at home used to be a struggle
- Marked my 1 month anniversary at my new job and still enjoying every second